Erin Eccleston, our vice president of Community Engagement, has been with Expect More Arizona for six years, and has played an vital role in building relationships with key influencers in communities throughout the state. She leads a team of four experienced community engagement professionals to develop a cohesive vision for education in local communities throughout Arizona.
Erin has nearly fifteen years of experience in developing and running community outreach programs for nonprofit organizations in Arizona and across the country. She graduated with degrees in Political Science and Philosophy from Penn State University and has a passion for empowering citizens to solve pressing problems in their communities.
“I truly believe education is the great equalizer for our state and nation. As a first generation college graduate, I personally understand the power education can have in transforming an individual’s future. As a mother, I want my daughter to have the highest quality education that prepares her for success in life. And as a fellow Arizonan, I want every student to realize their fullest potential that will ultimately result in greater prosperity for us all. Therefore, I work every day to advance this vision for education in Arizona.”
Ten things to know about Erin Eccleston:
- Born and raised in Philadelphia, but doesn’t like cream cheese or cheesesteaks.
- Is a first generation college graduate.
- Has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Philosophy from Penn State University.
- Lives in Chandler with her partner, daughter, and their dog and cat.
- Taught hip hop dance classes for two years.
- Was a cheerleader for 13 years.
- Has lived and worked in 10 different cities around the country before calling Chandler her home.
- Is an avid hiker and has hiked more than 50 trails just in the state of Arizona.
- Volunteers once a month at her daughter’s school.
- Has been working for Expect More Arizona since September 2013.
At Expect More Arizona, our relationships with partners in communities throughout the state are essential to ensuring the diverse needs and voices within education are represented in our work. Our Community Engagement team play a critical role in building those relationships by serving as the primary representative of Expect More Arizona in all corners of Arizona.