Did you know the food your child eats can have a big impact on his or her academic success? Food is the fuel that gets our kids’ bodies and brains working in the morning and sustains them throughout the day.
Here are 7 snacks to help boost your child’s brain, courtesy of Scholastic:
- PB and A. Cut an apple into wedges and spread some crunchy peanut butter on it.
- Smooth Studier. Blend a cup of milk, 2 cups of your favorite fruit, and a cup of ice. Stick a straw in your glass and you have a super smoothie!
- Cheese, Please! Cube some cheese and stick toothpicks in them. Serve with crackers.
- It’s Berry Good. Take a handful of berries — blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or sliced strawberries — and mix them with plain or vanilla yogurt. Yum!
- Skinny Dipping. Nothing beats noshing on carrots and ranch dip when you need something crisp.
- Pop Star. Pour your favorite fruit juice into the ice cube tray and freeze for mini-popsicles.
- Go Nuts! Create your own nutty trail mix, with cashews, peanuts, bagel chips, pretzel sticks, and M&Ms. Shake it up, and serve in a bowl.