Yavapai County Additional Resources
Last updated 6/29/2020
If you have any updates or additions to this list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Family Resource Center at Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) continues to bring the support that so many families need. They have adapted some of the ways they connect with families, but continue to be readily available with resources, guidance, educational materials, a listening ear, and (virtual, for now!) home visits. Learn more: yrmchealthconnect.org.
- Yavapai County Free Library District locations will re-open on Monday, June 15. To maximize safety, the number of people in the building at one time, as well as some services, will be limited. Until further notice, library visits are by appointment only. Many libraries are still offering curbside book pick up too and all have vast digital resources available. Check individual libraries websites or call for more information. Learn more: yavapailibrary.org
- Prescott Public Library is open from 10 a.m to 6 p.m. on Tuesday through Saturday. In order to comply with social distancing only 60 people are permitted in the library at a given time. Visitors to the library are limited to one hour to allow the maximum number of people to visit. Learn more: prescottlibrary.info.
- Camp Verde Library is open with modified hours, including the first hour of each day dedicated to patrons that are over 65 years old. Learn more: cvlibrary.org.
- The Launch Pad Teen Center in Prescott is hosting summer camps for youth with “art”, “adventure” and “real world” of programs available. Learn more: thelaunchpadteencenter.org/summer-camps.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Arizona: both Prescott Valley and Prescott Clubs will be reopening for summer on June 29. Learn more: bgccaz.org.
- Yavapai College for Kids: Make the summer of 2020 a fun-filled, creative and educational experience online! We have exciting new classes for kids ages 5-17 in science and technology, creative arts, writing, cooking, and more. Session A: Monday – Thursday, June 1-25, Session B: Monday – Thursday, July 6-23. Learn more: yc.edu/v6/lifelong-learning/college-kids
- Prescott YMCA Summer Day Camp: June 1 – Aug 5, 2020. Summer Day Camp is a fast-paced, structured full day program, designed to promote the social, emotional, physical, intellectual and recreational needs of school-age students. Each week introduces a new “Theme.” Weekly activities may include Crafts, Outdoor Group Games, Science, Gardening, Cooking, Board Games, Swimming, Indoor Group Work, Field Trips, Camp Songs, Skits, and more. Learn more: prescottymca.org/school-age-care.
- Yavapai College Performing Arts Center is hosting the “Social Distance Dinner Theater.” The film series allows the communal pleasure of sharing dinner and a movie. After simultaneously enjoying the film from the comfort of their homes, viewers can participate in a livestreamed post-show discussion, hosted by Yavapai College Performing Arts Managing Director and Film & Media Arts Director Helen Stephenson. Learn more: ycpac.com.
- Boys to Men Networking (Prescott and Prescott Valley) is providing virtual mentoring circles so as to stay connected with teens already struggling with home and life challenges. The goal is to continue to offer support for Prescott and Bradshaw Mountain teens who have computer and Internet access.