There are many perspectives about current issues and opportunities related to education in Arizona today. Take time to understand the various viewpoints and keep the best interests of Arizona students in the forefront.
A variety of resources, including voter guides and candidate questionnaires, will be added as they become available to help you understand where candidates stand on the issues you care about.
Arizona Charter Schools Association
The Association is committed to the development of high-performing public charter schools and improving the political and regulatory landscape for charter students, families and operators at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Candidate Questionnaire– The Arizona Charter Schools Association asked all legislative candidates running for elected office in 2018 to participate in a survey that sought their perspectives on education in Arizona. The survey posed twelve questions to candidates on a variety of topics related to public schools, both charter and district. *Click on “Full Responses” at the bottom of the form to see detailed answers from the candidates.
Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission
The Citizens Clean Elections Act was passed by the people of Arizona in 1998 to restore citizen participation and confidence in our political system. The Act allows candidates running for the Legislature or statewide offices the opportunity to forgo special interest money by collecting a certain number of $5 donations.
- Voter Education Guide– The August 28th Primary Election Voter Education Guide provides voters information on the upcoming election, including information on the voting process, such as obtaining a ballot, and statements from the candidates running for Corporation Commission, State Senate and State Representative.
- Candidate Debates – See the candidates in action and learn where they stand on the issues. Attend or watch future and past debates.
Azcentral.com is the digital home of The Arizona Republic newspaper, with breaking news and in-depth coverage of sports, things to do, travel and opinions.
- Voter Guide– The guide will automatically generate a sample ballot with the candidates running in your districts, based on where you live. You can compare two candidates at a time by clicking on their profiles and bring your sample ballot to the polls, or use it as a guide when you vote.
Center for Arizona Policy
Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) is a nonprofit advocacy group whose mission is to promote and defend the foundational values of life, marriage and family, and religious freedom.
- Voter Guide– This website is a nonpartisan, free resource for every Arizonan who wants to discover where the candidates truly stand. In this guide, you will find a personalized Voter Guide to see only the candidates on your ballot and comments candidates wrote on survey questions.
Children’s Action Alliance
Children’s Action Alliance is an independent voice for Arizona children at the state capitol and in the community. CAA works to improve children’s health, education, and security through information and action.
- Candidate Questionnaire– Each election cycle, Children’s Action Alliance sends a questionnaire to candidates for legislative office. For the 2018 primary and general elections, CAA sent the questionnaire to active candidates for office, asking them to answer questions on conditions for kids and gave them an opportunity to make comments.
Friends of ASBA
The Friends of the Arizona School Boards Association (ASBA) is a private, nonprofit organization committed to filling the need for trusted information on state-level K-12 education issues.
- Legislative Impact– The Friends of ASBA, a sister organization of the Arizona School Boards Association, is dedicated to providing resources that lead to more informed public discussion of K-12 education in Arizona and greater understanding and support for our state’s public schools and the more than 1 million students who attend them. This information is intended to be factual, non-partisan and a key resource for voters who want to take into account education issues when casting their ballots.
League of Women Voters
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- Voter Guide– The PAFCO Voter Guide provides basic information on what the Federal and State Governments do to help better inform your voting decisions.
Protecting Arizona’s Family Coalition
Protecting Arizona’s Family Coalition (PAFCO) is an inclusive and nonpartisan alliance of health and human service agencies, faith-based communities, and advocacy networks.
- Voter Guide–Learn where candidates running for office in your community stand on the issues. You can print or email the information to use as a reference when you actually vote.
If you’re aware of any other voter guide or candidiate questionnaire, please email us at: email@example.com.
As a 501c3, Expect More Arizona does not endorse specific candidates or influence the outcomes of candidate elections.