There are many perspectives about current issues and opportunities related to education in Arizona today. Take time to understand the various viewpoints and keep the best interests of Arizona students in the forefront. Below you will find a variety of resources, including voter guides and candidate questionnaires. We will continue to add to this list as they become available to help you understand where candidates stand on the issues you care about. If you find a questionnaire or voter guide that isn’t included below, please email us at email@example.com and let us know, so we can add it!
As a 501c3, Expect More Arizona does not endorse specific candidates or influence the outcomes of candidate elections.
Arizona Center for Economic Progress
The Arizona Center for Economic Progress advances thoughtful analysis and effective policy solutions to shape a better future for every Arizonan through quality jobs, great education, and stronger communities.
- Candidate Questionnaire – Arizona Center for Economic Progress sent its 2020 questionnaire to active candidates for legislative office, asking them to answer questions on economic policies for Arizona and gave them an opportunity to make comments and explain their positions.
Children’s Action Alliance
Children’s Action Alliance is an independent voice for Arizona children at the state capitol and in the community. CAA works to improve children’s health, education, and security through information and action.
- Candidate Questionnaire– Each election cycle, Children’s Action Alliance sends a questionnaire to candidates for legislative office. For the 2020 primary and general elections, we sent the survey to active candidates for office, asking them to answer questions on conditions for kids and gave them an opportunity to make comments.
Citizens Clean Elections Commission
The Citizens Clean Elections Act was passed by the people of Arizona in 1998 to restore citizen participation and confidence in our political system. The Act allows candidates running for the Legislature or statewide offices the opportunity to forgo special interest money by collecting a certain number of $5 donations.
- Voter Guide – The August 4 Primary Election Voter Education Guide provides voters information on the upcoming election, including information on the voting process, such as obtaining a ballot, and statements from the candidates running for Corporation Commission, State Senate and State Representative.
- Candidate Compass– The Candidate Compass tool does not endorse or promote candidates. The tool is available for voters to access candidate information, as provided by the candidates, and compare the candidates’ responses to the voter’s.
Friends of ASBA
The Friends of the Arizona School Boards Association (ASBA) is a private, nonprofit organization committed to filling the need for trusted information on state-level K-12 education issues.
- Voting Records– The Friends of ASBA, a sister organization of the Arizona School Boards Association, is dedicated to providing resources that lead to more informed public discussion of K-12 education in Arizona and greater understanding and support for our state’s public schools and the more than 1 million students who attend them. This publication focuses on the impact of the Arizona Legislature, specifically the votes of individual legislators on key bills impacting K-12 education.