Maricopa County Additional Resources
Last updated 12/11/2020
If you have any updates or additions to this list, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Arizona Center for Afterschool Excellence: Great list of available child care options.
- Avondale Public Library: the library is working with Brainfuse to support students needing homework help or tutoring services. This new FREE service is called Avi Learning Lab and all you need is an Avondale Library card to access it, which you can get online. Learn more: avondalelibrary.org/services/kids/avi-learning-lab.
- Boys and Girls Club of the Valley: Clubs around the Valley are now open for both distance learning support from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and after school programs from 2:30 to 7 p.m. Learn more about their programs and how to register at bgcaz.org.
- College Depot: Appointments are still being offered over the phone or via video conferencing like Skype or Zoom. Call (602)261-8847, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the website to schedule an individualized, virtual appointment to receive assistance with whichever steps in the college planning process you need. Their hours of operation are currently Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Storytimes Online with Phoenix Public Library: During the temporary closure, the library is now offering online Storytimes. Led by Gretchen, Phoenix Public Library’s Literacy Outreach Librarian, you and your family can play, read, sing, and dance with your children in your home.
- Valley of the Sun YMCA: All branches remain closed, although they are offering a variety of virtual programs. All family, youth and senior programs including group fitness, Amazing Kids, racquet sports, swim lessons and youth sports continue to be temporarily suspended.
- Valley of the Sun United Way: Launched the United for the Valley COVID19 Fund to identify and support the emerging needs of health and human services organizations, schools, and the individuals and families they serve. You can donate at http://vsuw.org/covid19fund.
- Phoenix Responds: The Reveille Foundation, with support from the City of Phoenix and other community partners, created PhoenixResponds.org, a no-cost service for individuals and businesses who are affected by the pandemic. This holistic service allows the public to complete an online assessment of their needs, with one-on-one follow up by TRF’s case management team who work to customize a success plan using a myriad of resources and referrals to meet the needs of individuals and small businesses. Success Coaches align short and long-term resources, human services, emergency needs, training, Learn more: phoenixresponds.org.
Breakfast and lunch is available for students at the following locations:
- Chandler Unified School District
- Deer Valley Unified School District
- Gilbert School District
- Kyrene School District
- Laveen School District
- Mesa School District
- Paradise Valley Unified School District
- Peoria School District
- Phoenix School District
- Roosevelt School District
- Scottsdale School District
- Tempe School District
There is an interactive map available at azhealthzone.org or text FOOD to 877877.