2019 ADVOCACY PRIORITIES
Education unlocks the potential of individuals and communities. The success of every student is vital to our state’s economic prosperity, quality of life and civic health. That is why Expect More Arizona works with our partners to advance policies that help ensure all students receive an excellent education every step of the way and advance the goals of the Arizona Education Progress Meter.
In 2019 Expect More Arizona will support efforts that:
- Provide stable, long-term investments in education to help accelerate toward our shared Progress Meter goals, including funding that will:
- Provide competitive compensation, professional development, and essential materials to deliver an excellent education to all students; and
- Advance access to postsecondary education, address workforce needs, and strengthen our community colleges, universities, and workforce.
- Identify and support student needs, including mechanisms to address the achievement gap.
- Advocate for high academic standards and clear, consistent, and equitable accountability systems for our students, educators, and schools.
- Accelerate student awareness of, preparedness for, and involvement in career and college pathways.