2020 ADVOCACY PRIORITIES
Education unlocks the potential of individuals and communities. The success of every student is vital to our state’s economic prosperity, quality of life and civic health. That is why Expect More Arizona works with our partners to advance policies that help ensure all students receive an excellent education every step of the way and advance the goals of the Arizona Education Progress Meter.
In 2020 Expect More Arizona will support efforts that:
- Provide significant, stable, long-term investments in education to help accelerate toward the Education Progress Meter goals and Roadmap priorities, including funding that will:
- Support access to high quality early learning for young children across the state;
- Provide resources to support and deliver an excellent education to all students, including competitive compensation and professional development necessary to recruit and retain talent; and
- Advance access to postsecondary education, address workforce needs, and strengthen our community colleges, universities, and workforce.
- Identify and support student needs, including mechanisms to close the achievement gap.
- Advance quality early learning and early literacy in alignment with the Education Progress Meter.
- Monitor and inform accountability systems to ensure they are clear, consistent, and equitable for our students, educators, and schools.
- Accelerate student awareness of, preparedness for, and involvement in career and college pathways.