Shared Messaging About Key Education Issues
Thank you for being an education champion! We appreciate your willingness to share our communications with your personal and/or professional networks to help and to be a megaphone for education issues. Each month, we will be providing a variety of tools – from sample social media posts, blog content, newsletter articles, talking points, and other resources – on a specific topic for you to repurpose and share throughout the month.
Let’s transform education statewide, together!
Be sure to use #AZProgress and #Road2Equity when you post on social media and tag us when you can!
National Reading Month
In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday, March is designated as National Reading Month – a month to motivate Americans of all ages to read every day. Reading is fun and has many benefits, regardless of your age. It’s a key component of education and professional development. It also has immediate and long-lasting health benefits such as increased cognitive function, memory, vocabulary, empathy and decreased levels of stress.
Each year, National Read Across America Day is celebrated on March 2, the birthday of Dr. Seuss. The annual event is part of Read Across America, an initiative on reading creative by the National Education Association and celebrated all week long.
- The world—and books—are filled with many different kinds of people. Getting to know them is interesting, exciting, and fun! #ReadAcrossAmerica #DrSeussDay. http://bit.ly/ReadAcrossAmericaWeek
- SHARE OUR VIDEO ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF READING:
March is #NationalReadingMonth! Reading is THE foundational skill for all future learning, and being able to read by the end of 3rd grade is a crucial milestone in a child’s future academic success. A child’s 3rd grade reading level is a strong predictor of how well a student performs in high school, whether or not they graduate, and if they go on to college. https://youtu.be/kAoRsRaSAS4 #AZProgress #Road2Equity #ReadingMatters
- Pick up an interesting book and read it. More importantly, read with a child. #ReadAcrossAmerica #NationalReadingMonth. http://bit.ly/ReadAcrossAmericaWeek
- “You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read with a child!”- Dr. Seuss. #ReadAcrossAmerica #DrSeussDay #NationalReadingMonth http://bit.ly/ReadAcrossAmericaWeek
Make Arizona A Destination for Education
Thanks to the generosity of a handful of donors, every gift made to Expect More Arizona during the month of March will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $20,000! We would love your help in spreading the word by encouraging your friends, family and colleagues to donate. Our theme for our spring giving campaign is Making Arizona a Destination for Education. Check out our campaign page for more details: ExpectMoreArizona.org/donate.
- Arizona has become known as a tourist destination for it’s beautiful climate, spring training, hiking and other outdoor activities. If we all work together to improve education in our state for ALL students, we can and will become known for our world-class education system! Double your donation and give today: ExpectMoreArizona.org/donate
- Schools have taken on a much larger role – and we need to fund them appropriately
Many Arizona students face adverse childhood experiences outside of school that impact how they learn inside of school. Wrap-around service personnel, such as counselors, special education teachers, nurses and more, are crucial to student success. Yet schools and districts do not receive enough funding to maintain a full roster of specialists who are capable of meeting the needs of the whole student. Investments in such services has tremendous positive impacts on individual students, school culture and the community.
- Bills to Replace and Expand Prop 301 – What You Need to Know
Want to better understand what is included in the current legislative bills that if passed, could replace and expand Prop 301? Expect More Arizona has the details in their latest blog post: expectmorearizona.org/blog/2020/01/31/bills-to-replace-and-expand-prop-301
We believe it is possible for every student to receive an excellent education every step of the way. In order to get there, it is important to identify the programs and initiatives we know are working so they can be celebrated, and potentially replicated. Below our our Excellence Tour stories from last month. Support Arizona’s students and teachers by helping us share these and other examples of excellence. Remember to use #AZProgress with all your social shares.
Archived Content from Previous Months
- September: Attendance Awareness Month
- October: FAFSA
- November/December: Getting Ready For 2020 Legislative Session
- January 2020: Annual Voter Poll Results
- February 2020: School Counselors and Public School Week