January 2020 Communications Content for Sharing
Voter Survey Results
We commissioned our annual statewide public opinion survey of 600 likely Arizona voters in November 2019. For the fifth year in a row, poll results show that voters believe education is the most important issue facing our state, above immigration, healthcare or the economy. Voters continue to consider teacher pay and a general lack of funding to be our state’s most significant education issues.
- For the fifth year running, education remains the top issue among Arizona voters, who also believe that lack of funding and low teacher pay are the state’s two most significant education issues. #AZProgress #Road2Equity Learn More: bit.ly/NotOnTrack. (Or share directly from our Facebook post)
With four years of data in the books since the launch of the Arizona Education Progress Meter in 2016, it’s clear the state is not on track to reach the broadly supported long-term goals. It’s not all bad news; we’ve gained ground in a number of areas. However, if progress continues at the same rate, Arizona will fall short of the 2030 goals. In particular, we are not doing enough to meet the needs of our state’s diverse student population. Learn more and found out how you can help: bit.ly/NotOnTrack.
- While there are a lot of great things happening around the state, and we’ve gained ground in a number of areas, it’s clear we are not on track to meet the long-term goals. The status quo is not working. If we want our students to realize their potential, so our state can realize it’s potential, we need to work together and determine the right ways to accelerate progress. #AZProgress #Road2Equity Learn More: bit.ly/NotOnTrack.
- The status quo isn’t working. Arizona is not doing enough to meet the needs of our diverse student population, and we all pay a heavy price each year that passes without meaningful solutions. Learn More: bit.ly/NotOnTrack.
Opportunity To Take Action
- Let your elected officials know you agree with the majority of voters. Tell them education is your top priority and that you’ll be paying attention to the decisions they make and the votes they cast during the 2020 legislative session. Share this action with your network to encourage them to do the same.
- Education Top Issue for Fifth Straight Year
For the fifth year running, education remains the top issue among Arizona voters, who also believe that lack of funding and low teacher pay are the state’s two most significant education issues. Further, the latest data shows Arizona is not on track to reach our long-term education goals. Read our blog to learn more and share with your network. (Or share directly from our Facebook post)
- Mapping Arizona’s Path to Success – The Teacher Variable
Arizona has a teacher recruitment and retention crisis, as a result of low pay and lack of support. What does that mean for students? Read our blog to find out the enormous impact that educators have on student success and what an investment in our teachers looks like and share with your network. (Or share directly from our Facebook post)
We believe it is possible for every student to receive an excellent education every step of the way. In order to get there, it is important to identify the programs and initiatives we know are working so they can be celebrated, and potentially replicated. Below our our Excellence Tour stories from last month. Support Arizona’s students and teachers by helping us share these and other examples of excellence. Remember to use #AZProgress with all your social shares.