November/December 2019 Content for Communicators
Be sure to use #AZProgress and #Road2Equity when you post on social media and tag us when you can!
Gearing up for the 2020 Arizona Legislative Session
- Request to Speak System – share our blog about what it is and why it’s important and ask people to sign up now!
- Find out where your elected leaders stand on education issues and encourage your network to do the same.
While the next legislative session doesn’t start until January 2020, it’s actually a perfect time to reach out and learn more about your elected leaders and where they stand on education issues. By reaching out before session gets underway, you will start to develop a relationship with your elected officials and they are more likely to listen to your thoughts on active legislative bills when they are back in full swing at the capitol. Use our simple tool to send an email to your state legislators and Governor Ducey and ask specific questions about their position on the things that matter most to you.
- 2019 NAEP Results: AZ Scores Highlight Need to Address Achievement Gap
While there has been growth in the right direction since 2000, the low percentage of Arizona students who performed at or above proficiency shows we still have a long way to go to ensure every child is successful in school and in life. In particular, we need to focus on closing the achievement gap in Arizona and ensuring background, income and zip code are not barriers to an excellent education. Read our blog and share!
Roadmap for P-20 Education Funding
- How School Counselors Help Support Student Success with Janine Menard of the Arizona School Counselors Association
- Special Education Funding Needs Through the Eyes of an Exceptional Teacher with Kareem Neal of Phoenix Union High School District
- East Phoenix School District Shares Difficult Funding Decisions with Jeff Smith of Balsz Elementary School District
- Northern Arizona School District Accomplishes Exceptional Results Despite Funding Cuts with Joe Howard of Prescott Unified School District
We believe it is possible for every student to receive an excellent education every step of the way. In order to get there, it is important to identify the programs and initiatives we know are working so they can be celebrated, and potentially replicated. Below our our Excellence Tour stories from last month. Support Arizona’s students and teachers by helping us share these and other examples of excellence. Remember to use #AZProgress with all your social shares.
|Rural youth benefiting from new preschool in Vernon||Why Girls Taking Up Space is sending Arizona youth to space camp|
|Prescott Lakes Parkway School helping youth in need||How Pima Community College is preparing students for the workforce of the future|