EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
At Expect More Arizona, we believe it is possible that EVERY student in Arizona receives an excellent education every step of the way, regardless of their income, background or zip code. To achieve this, we have built one of the largest movements of people and organizations supporting education in the state. With more than 80,000 individuals and more than 340 partners, together we are making education a top priority in Arizona and raising our voices to support teachers and students across the state.
To achieve this Expect More Arizona provides thought leadership and brings people together to discuss ways to create meaningful, long-term change in education, from the early years through career.
This position plays an important role in supporting the day to day operations of Expect More Arizona. The Executive Assistant and Operations Coordinator provides executive, organizational, and administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the organization. This position may support financial, human resources, fundraising, event planning, and office management activities. The position requires exceptional organizational skills, communications skills, responsibility, integrity and attention to detail. The successful candidate will demonstrate a can-do, positive attitude and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to contribute.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Position Type: Full time with benefits
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed. The Executive Assistant and Operations Coordinator is responsible for the following activities:
- Manages, prioritizes and is responsible for executive calendar activities, travel arrangements, reports, and approvals.
- Manages interactions with both internal and external executives and assistants; coordinates a variety of complex executive meetings; prepares information for distribution for internal and external meetings.
- Acts as a liaison with internal and external partners, community leaders, government officials and consultants, answering and prioritizing requests for communication and contact.
- Manages President and CEO and COO’s presentation schedule and coordinates materials and support to ensure each appearance is executed smoothly.
- Enters data into Salesforce on behalf of the President and CEO and COO.
- Liaises with Board members to ensure appropriate signature authority procedures are followed.
- Prepares meeting logistics, presentations, and materials for the Expect More Arizona Board, its committees, and other councils that Expect More Arizona convenes. Responsible for meeting minutes for each group.
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of Expect More Arizona’s Financial Policies and Procedures and supporting the annual financial audit.
- Processes accounts payable expenditures within established guidelines; ensures timely payment of vendor invoices, expense requests, and maintains accurate and organized records.
- Supports accounts receivable functions by depositing funds at the bank and preparing required documentation.
- Prepares credit card reports and ensures all users provide required documentation.
- Liaises with vendors.
- Supports human resources activities by managing employee enrollments in health insurance programs, managing Expect More Arizona’s time cards, supports and develops onboarding process for new team members, supports hiring process, and manages team culture activities.
- Develops and manages systems to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Serves as an organizational leader in the effective use and implementation of Salesforce across the team.
- Inventories and tracks Expect More Arizona’s assets and other materials (collateral, give away items, letterhead, etc.).
- Serves as the lead point of contact for Expect More Arizona team members on IT needs and liaises with Expect More Arizona’s contracted technology provider.
- Plays a supporting and sometimes lead role with event logistics, campaign execution and other special projects.
- Supports special events, as needed.
- Responds to team requests for administrative support as needed.
- Receives, distributes and coordinates all incoming and outgoing mail, including courier service, postage account and interoffice mail distribution.
- Fulfills contractual grant requirements and submits reporting as needed.
- May support the implementation of fundraising appeals and donor communications.
- Serves as the first point of contact for Expect More Arizona via phone and in the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong alignment with Expect More Arizona’s mission, core values, and a passion to bring a world-class education to every Arizona student.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization is required. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High levels of responsibility, integrity, and trustworthiness.
- Systems thinker. Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles is a plus.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
- Able to identify problems and analyze alternatives to develop viable recommendations for projects and assignments.
- Knowledge of education issues is desired, but is not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years providing executive and organizational support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
- Familiarity with CRM/technology tools such as Dropbox, Salesforce, Asana, and Zoho.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, proof of auto insurance coverage, and daily access to personal vehicle.
- Ability to travel around the state, as needed.
- Availability outside of typical 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. workday, as necessary.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs., if needed.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to Erin Hart at Erin@expectmorearizona.org. Please no phone calls.