Resources for Educators
Below are links to some of the best state and national resources on the standards and assessments.
- The Arizona Public Engagement Task Force created an AzMERIT Communications Toolkit for Educators and for Schools & Districts to use to communicate with parents about the new test.
- The Arizona Department of Education has a number of resources for local educators about AzMERIT, including practice test questions, sample parent score reports and blueprints for the test.
- Achieve the Core provides high quality information for teachers, coaches, school district leaders and others.
- The Teaching Channel provides more than 100 free videos related to standards instruction.
- EduCore was launched by ASCD to support teachers in teaching the standards.
- Achieve has produced a number of materials about how the standards can be integrated with Career Technical Education classroom tasks and in workshops for educators.
- Council of Chief State School Officers
- Illustrative Mathematics Project provides guidance to teachers, states, assessment consortia and testing companies by illustrating the range and types of mathematical work that students will experience with the standards.
- Tools for the Common Core provides readers with important and usable information on the Common Core State Standards in math. The blog is written by a team that includes Arizona’s own Dr. Bill McCallum, who served as the Lead Math Coordinator for the Common Core State Standards.
- National Association of Secondary School Principals’ site offers webinars, articles and videos for principals and school leaders on the Common Core.
- The Master Teacher Project brings together 130 teachers from across the country, including a number from Arizona, in ELA and math to share their lessons real-time, as they teach them every day. The lessons are aligned with the standards and are classroom-ready to help meet the needs of busy teachers.
- Share this short video to spread the word about the importance of getting accurate and meaningful test results.