Your Child Needs a Good Education
The world is continually changing and the jobs of the future require more education and training than ever. In fact, in Arizona, 85 percent of high-growth, high-wage jobs require some type of postsecondary education or training. This means that to get a good job, all Arizona students need to graduate from high school and pursue some type of career training or postsecondary degree.
All Arizona High School Students Need to Graduate Prepared
The standards and assessments will better prepare your child for success in college, career and life. The standards encourage the development of critical-thinking, problem-solving and effective communications skills. They will allow parents, students and teachers to be on the same page about student learning and set high expectations together.
Arizona Teachers Overwhelmingly Support the Standards
Teachers have been teaching higher standards since 2011 and strongly support them, but many have said they need more training and resources to teach them effectively. Find out how you can make sure your child’s school has the resources it needs to give your child the best education possible.
- Learn more about the standards and assessments
- Attend a workshop from Expect More Arizona
- Support your child’s learning with these tips and resources
- Be your child’s advocate and speak up to ensure your school has the necessary resources to give your child a high-quality education
- Sign up to get useful tools and updates on the standards and assessments