Thank You, Arizona Teachers
Thank you for your commitment to teaching Arizona’s children. It is because of your dedication to providing a world-class education that our children will be better prepared for college, career and life.
Arizona educators are leading the way in implementing the standards. It’s with your leadership and commitment to excellent instruction in your classroom every day that we know that all students will be able to rise to the challenge of higher standards.
Arizona Has Your Back
Parents, administrators, superintendents, community leaders, business leaders, elected leaders and many others across the state support and value the work you are doing to implement the standards and a new assessment. They know you are juggling a lot right now, with new standards, a new assessment, new evaluation systems and new accountability measures. They have also heard from Arizona teachers who have said that more professional development, instructional support and access to instructional materials are needed for you to be successful in teaching the standards.
Through the work of the Arizona Public Engagement Task Force, business leaders, advocates, educators and community leaders across the state are joining together to advocate for resources to support Arizona teachers. Will you join us?
Your Voice Can Make a Difference
As educators, you are the best experts on the standards and assessments. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Sign up to receive useful tools and updates on the standards and assessments
- Speak up to make sure your school has the resources it needs
- Communicate with your students’ parents about the standards and assessments. Help them understand what changes they should expect to see and how they can best support their child.
What Educators are Saying
- Polling Shows Arizona Teachers Overwhelmingly Support the Standards
- Teachers Share their Thoughts on #TeacherTuesdays
- Quotes from Arizona Teachers
- Video – Scott Whitlock, Director of Curriculum and Instruction at Presidio Schools
- Video – Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards