Did you know?
Currently in Arizona:
- More than 8 out of 10 quality jobs will require some form of postsecondary education, including career training, community college or university.
- Out of every 10 Arizona public high school graduates, less than 5 qualify for admission to Arizona’s state universities.
- Only 7 out of 10 Arizona students graduate from high school each year.
- In 2012, more than 4 out of 10 Arizona schools graded received a “C” grade or lower.
Like you, we expect more. Education in Arizona should ensure that all students – 10 out of 10 – graduate, pursue postsecondary education, are ready for college and career, and attend a high quality school.
Together we can show our support for a world-class education in Arizona on October 10 (10/10)!
Here are three ways you can show your support on October 10:
Come up with one big, creative way to show your support of Vote 4 Education on October 10. Show us your best creative idea. For some suggestions, click here.
Have a party!
Host a house party to rally your friends and family to Vote 4 Education! Or, organize a street party and gather a group to canvass your neighborhood. House & Street Party Toolkits available at ExpectMoreArizona.org/TenTen.
Talk about it – both in person and online:
- Make Vote 4 Education your Facebook profile picture or timeline cover image.
- Tweet your candidates to let them know you support education.
Visit our Day of Action page at ExpectMoreArizona.org/TenTen for more ideas to get involved. And, remember, even though October 10 is our Day of Action, it is important we stay vocal about education every day until the election and beyond!
Paid for by Expect More Arizona PAC – Yes on 118 and 204. Major funding provided by Expect More Arizona. This political committee has not accepted any public funds.
Read more September Newsletter articles:
Arizona Launches Common Core Standards Resources for Educators, Families and Communities
Commitment to Innovation
A Strong Foundation in Reading for All Arizona Students
Communities Working Together to Build a World-Class Education System