UPDATES: Please post a link to your pin in the comments section below this post, so we will be sure to record it.
The deadline has been extended until September 28.
Children across Arizona are celebrating a new year this month. Back to school season is the perfect time to commit to new habits and priorities with back to school resolutions. To help families ring in the new year, Expect More Arizona is featuring back to school resolutions on our Pinterest page. Families are encouraged to pin their back to school resolutions on Pinterest now until Sept. 28. Expect More Arizona will pick five winners, based on the which submissions receive the most combined likes and repins; each winner will receive a $25 gift card to DonorsChoose.org to help support Arizona classroom projects in need.
For inspiration, families can turn to the many resources available or the following tips provided by Expect More Arizona:
- Set academic resolutions as a family and encourage your students to come up with ideas of their own.. Students will enjoy setting goals and working toward them.
- Write your resolutions down and post them in a prominent place. Having them written down will serve as a daily reminder of what you are working toward as a family.
- Track your progress. Consider checking off days on a calendar for every day your child follows the resolutions. Reward the entire family with a special dinner or prize for following the resolutions for 30 days.
- Don’t be discouraged by setbacks. When trying to form new habits, setbacks are normal. Talk about these expectations with your child and keep working on your goals.
- Only focus on one goal at a time. Too many resolutions can be overwhelming and less likely to stick.
- Keep it realistic. It might be tempting to set ambitious goals, but start with realistic goals. Instead of trying to read for an hour every day, start with five or 10 minutes before bed. It’s amazing how these little habits can form bigger habits.
- Know what skills your child should have for his or her grade level. Expect More Arizona provides grade-by-grade skills sheets with suggestions for activities are available here.
- Sign up in the box on the top right of this page for updates from Expect More Arizona with information to stay involved in your student’s education and to improve education statewide.
It’s easy to enter! Here’s how to share your resolutions:
- Snap a photo of your child(ren) heading off to school (Be creative! Show child(dren) in silhouette or from behind, if you’re more comfortable).
- Follow Expect More Arizona on Pinterest at Pinterest.com/ExpectMoreAZ.
- Upload your photo as a pin to Pinterest.
- Caption your photo with your “Back to School Resolution”. Use the hashtag #BacktoSchoolAZ and tag @ExpectMoreAZ in your post. Expect More Arizona will repin your photo to its Back to School board.
- Share your pin and encourage your family and friends to repin and like it for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate for the school of your choice.
- Winners will be chosen based on the highest number of repins and likes. Submissions must be posted by Sept. 28 to qualify.
Have a great new school year, filled with success and high expectations… and happy pinning!
Post a link to your pin in the comments below, so we can be sure to record it.