On Thursday, Expect More Arizona, Stand for Children Arizona, and Valley of the Sun United Way will join together with 12 News to present a town hall discussion – Partnering for Change: School Solutions for Arizona.
The discussion will feature excerpts from the documentary film Waiting for “Superman,” will be moderated by 12 News anchors Scott Light and Kim Covington, and the participants will include:
- Craig Barrett, Basis Charter School/Former Intel CEO
- Paul Luna, President and CEO, Helios Education Foundation
- Katy Cavanagh, Executive Director, Stand for Children Arizona
- Daniel Scoggin, CEO, Great Heart Academies
- Doreen Zannis, Executive Director, Support Our Schools AZ
- Susan Carlson, Director, Arizona Business and Education Coalition
- Andrew Morrill, President, Arizona Education Association
- Karen Williams, Superintendent Alhambra Elementary School Dist.
- Rebecca Gau, Director, Governor’s Office of Education Innovation
The discussion will stream live on the internet Thursday, May 19 at 6 pm. We will provide details and a link to view the live stream later this week. (UPDATE: Click here to view the live stream)
In anticipation of the event, 12 News has profiled the three partner organizations.