Grade by Grade Parent Guides
When you know what your child will be learning in the classroom, you and your child’s teacher can identify when your child needs extra help or a greater challenge.
Use these one-page guides to understand the key topics your child will be learning in each grade and for fun ways to reinforce your child’s learning at home. Be sure to take them to your next parent-teacher conference, along with the questions below.
What AzMERIT Means for Your Child
- AzMERIT Fact Sheet
- How to Read the AzMERIT Parent Score Report
- Parent’s Guide to Your Child’s Test Scores
- Download the AzMERIT Fact Sheet
Questions to Kick-Start the Conversation with Your Child’s Teachers
- What are the most important topics my child will be learning this year?
- Can I review an example of my child’s work? Is this example satisfactory? How can it be improved?
- Is my child on track to be successful in this class? Is he or she prepared for next year, for college and career?
- What resources are available if my child needs additional help or wants to learn more about a subject?
What are Teachers Saying About the Standards & Assessment
- Quotes from Arizona Teachers & Community Leaders
- Video – Scott Whitlock, Director of Curriculum and Instruction at Presidio Schools
- Video – Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards
Other Parent and Family Resources
- Rodel Foundation’s Math Power Book for Parents
- Do Your Homework Arizona – homework tips and help for parents
- Be A Learning Hero Parent Toolkit
- The Homework Help Desk
- National PTA Parents’ Guides to Student Success
- Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards
- Get 2 Core – Stand for Children’s website on the Standards